Ziggy's 40B Rebuild 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with digis I just don't want any in my tank this time around. I've always had them and this time I want really cool acros and select other corals only.

I get what your saying. Going deluxe this time around, and that's really cool. But did your digis outgrow other sps's?

Nothing in the tank outgrew the Pink Birdsnest I had. I only had red digi in the tank before. It grew well but not crazy.

You can see the Red Digi in these two pics.

Nothing in the tank outgrew the Pink Birdsnest I had. I only had red digi in the tank before. It grew well but not crazy.

You can see the Red Digi in these two pics.

Nice. Yea that birdsnest took up some real estate huh?

The birdsnest grew way too fast for the size tank. If the tank was a 200+ it wouldn't have mattered but in a 40 it was just too much!

I want awesome looking acros that grow slower.

Yeah, the tank grew in way faster than I was expecting. I'm not going to let that happen this time around. I want to have slower growing SPS and select other corals.

Your tank looks awesome. I like the video to. Everything looks very happy. Your rock scape looks great to. What kind of sand do you have in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I decided to increase the lighting today. I've bumped the Blues up to 80% the Whites up to 70% and the B/W (14 LEDs) added an additional hour of run time for them.

Things are looking really good in the tank and it's time to get things moving along! I still haven't ordered a float switch to set up my ATO again so I'm still topping off manually a couple times a day. I need to get this done so I can start dosing Kalk again.

Back
Top Bottom