Ziggy's 40B Rebuild 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I run the BRS GFO and haven't had any alkalinity issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Me too. I've always used BRS regular GFO. I just recently got some rowaphos for Christmas that I still haven't used yet. I've heard great things about it as well. I will be using it next time I switch GFO which will probably be during the tank switch.

Thanks for the input guys! I have read that Alk can get whacky while running GFO. I've never used this before so I have no experience.

Thanks for sharing Ziggy, nice job! So where are these lasers located the Bribo is going on about? :)

I decided against adding the lasers into my stand...to much work

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I am seeing progress with all of these water changes. The algae is starting to die off. Now I'm going to have to start pulling it out manually because it is starting to break free from the rock and is floating around in the tank. I may be winning this battle.

Well I am seeing progress with all of these water changes. The algae is starting to die off. Now I'm going to have to start pulling it out manually because it is starting to break free from the rock and is floating around in the tank. I may be winning this battle.

Very good to hear that! Goodluck man.

Good news. The algae is really starting to recede I'm encouraged!

I did a water change over the weekend and manually pulled out what I could and that made a huge difference! The water changes have made a difference along with manual removal.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

YAY!

Sounds like you have it under control. Glad everything is working out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm seeing improvements but do not have it under control just yet. It will take another month at least to get rid of it. I'm going to manually pull more out this weekend during another PWC.

My 3 emeralds are putting in serious overtime on my tank man! Glad to hear yours is getting better too :). Almost ready for more corals right???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

canopy looks great but just a little to tall to put something like that on my 90g darn , it would have looked sweet though , it's just hard to find something that would work since the top of my tank is already over 5 ft , I need to use a step stool to work on my tank as it is lol not a lot of fun ,

Back
Top Bottom