LFS in Columbus Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Where do you Ohioans go to get fish, supplies, or anything else aquarium related. Ill start off by saying Aquarium Adventure on Sawmill road.

I started my first tank with AA and have bought all of my plants and some of the deco from there. Other places have deco and accessories way cheaper though; Walmart, Meijers, even the Anderson's store which coincidentally is right behind AA.

Most of my fish, however, have come from Jack's Pets at Mill Run. Shorter drive for me and they have a very good selection. Watch the salesperson carefully though; I wouldn't say they're all natural fish-handlers there; just my opinion tho. Jack's stores are found around much of Ohio, for those who aren't in the Columbus area.

Went to Petsmart yesterday; their food stock seems to be at a good price. Fish selection was disappointing. Have to wonder whether these places got picked over at Xmas time.

My 10-gallon tank had finished cycling this week, so I planned to go out on Saturday and get a few new fish. The Jack's near me seems a bit picked over now, and I saw a couple of dead ones. So I went to AA and it was PACKED. Turns out I picked the first day of their annual fish sale to show up. LOL.

Good deals though (50% off all fish), in fact I may have to stop over there and pick up an extra few today.

Back
Top Bottom