10 gallon stock ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm redoing my ten gallon tank on Tuesday since I'm taking my cichlids back to petland and exchanging them for a Peaceful community tank. I have a 30 gallon obviously in my sig and I'm looking for alternatives to those. I'm not sure about live breeders but I want something different. Any ideas that would suit a 10 gallon long?

You are bit limited with a 10 gal ... and I'm assuming you want different fish than your 30gal. I'd say consider some Harlequin Rasboras ... they stay small and I've read a 10gal would work as a minimum.

Chronos313 said:
I'm redoing my ten gallon tank on Tuesday since I'm taking my cichlids back to petland and exchanging them for a Peaceful community tank. I have a 30 gallon obviously in my sig and I'm looking for alternatives to those. I'm not sure about live breeders but I want something different. Any ideas that would suit a 10 gallon long?

Wait so do you want live breeders or not? Also are you looking for multiple or individual fish? Schools? Breeding? Color? Sorry but I'm sorta confused and could go 100 different ways...

Well for schools there are CPDs, the harlequin rasboras, espei rasboras, masquito fish, neons, and sone others. Plus there are dwarf/Pygmy cories that would work in there too that school. For a centerpiece fish there is the dwarf gourami, betta, or maybe a platy. For a more different kind of fish tree are killifish, dwarf puffers, or shellies. They'd all be kind of sweet too! However if your willing to do like no to few fish you would always have some dwarf orange crayfish or some nicer shrimp as well. It's all up to you:)

I had a beautiful 10 gallon planted tank with a few female beta's, an apple snail, and a couple of oto's. I loved that tank, but it was acrylic and got scratched up really bad in our last move. I Plan on starting a beta tank again in the future. They are beautiful to watch but also very personable.

Killifish-depending on which ones, two to four. Puffers-one or two with nothing else unless the tank is heavily planted, you could try otos then.

Back
Top Bottom