150 gallon tall..stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyFriends150

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just aquired a 150 gallon tall aquarium 48x24x30. I moved my 3 female convicts, 1 blue acara, 1 red jewel, 1 salvini, 2 bala sharks, 1 synodontis catfish, 1 common pleco, and lonely tiger barb from their 55 gallon, along with the blood parrot that came with the 150g.
I would like to get a school of fish that are compatible with my current stock. I know my tiger barb needs to be in groups of 6 or more but idk if i want to keep them, they are a little too nippy for my taste. The one i have is nipping away at my plecos sail and tail fin. If i did go with a school of tiger barbs how well will they behave? Ive never really had luck with them even in groups.
The other fish im interested in are giant danios, congo tetras, buenos aires tetras, or any suggestions you might have. Also could i add one more medium size cichlid and maybe a couple of spotted pictus catfish? This tank is filtered by a fluval fx5 and the current cichlids average 3-5 inches right now. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 1221131503.jpg
    1221131503.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20130918_111915.jpg
    IMG_20130918_111915.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 130
I would wait a little while. Some of those fish might have growth spurts being in a larger tank. You are already well overstocked with all of those fish at full size. The syno cat, and bala shark could grow up to a foot long and the Pleco even bigger. Adding to the barbs might help, but if it dosent then you are really in bad shape.

Also if this gets moved into the cichlid section you will get more answers.

Im already overstocked in my 150 gallon..really? :[ i cant add anything else
My salvini, she's around 5 inches and one of my favorites for sure..thank you mikem691

Back
Top Bottom