150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xmattlongx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Dimensions are 48 x 30 x 25 Tall.
What are some good stocking options? I love kuhli loaches, so if you can incorporate these in that would be amazing. Please and thank you to all who help. Correction added here it may be 48 x 24 x 31.

I am considering a 125 with a huge school of neon tetras, harlequin rasboras and kuhli loaches. I am a sucker for neons though.

I have never kept cichlids so I really can't answer. Do you have to brace your floor with a tank that big

I have never kept cichlids so I really can't answer. Do you have to brace your floor with a tank that big

No, I live in a single story duplex with concrete foundation. My tile should be able to disperse the weight if it was done properly.

Got you. I wish I had a basement or lived on a slab again. I am afraid I will hurt my floor if I get a 125.

Floors are not an issues unless there are some serious engineering problems (termites, very old house, etc.). I have NEVER heard of anyone having a tank mess up the floor or go through. People have water beds, gun safes, fat people parties, etc. It is not an issue.

A big tank of schooling fish would look great, you pick which types you like.

Fishguy2727 said:
Floors are not an issues unless there are some serious engineering problems (termites, very old house, etc.). I have NEVER heard of anyone having a tank mess up the floor or go through. People have water beds, gun safes, fat people parties, etc. It is not an issue.

Never thought of it that way. Waterbed would weigh a lot. (fat people parties....that just made my day)

There is no worries of it falling through no but over time it may start sagging and bending the the tank and what not. It happened to my uncle.

I have such a hard time deciding. I was thinking of going a Saulosi only tank. Are they aggressive towards Kuhlis?

I would probably do angelfish or discus in that tank since it's so tall. And have several schools of smaller fish to fill out the other levels. Kuhlis, cories, tetras, etc.

I thought about Discus but the price tag on them is to high for me to comfortably buy them. I'm new to bigger tanks and every fish other than loaches and female betta sororities.

In my 125 I've got angels and a school of about 40 neons. It looks awesome. That's what I would do if I were you. That way, after some experience you can still get discus.

Alot of cichlids would work. Any dwarf (Keyhole, Apros, Rams, Rainbows). Even Severums, Angels, Uarus, and Geophagus.

I would do a nice mix of cichlid and even gourami and rianbows. Maybe a small schools of larger tetras (congo, buenos areas, penguins, and redeyes). GOOD LUCK!

I look at like this. If the stand itself can support the weight of your tank, then the house will to. The stand would collaps well before the floor. I've had a 150 at my parents since I was 15. They live in a raised house due to the fact we live in south Louisiana and flooding/ hurricanes can be a problem. They have hardwood floors throughout and its sat in the same spot in our kitchen since the first day we got it. I'm 23 now so that's a long time! Never have they had a problem. The best thing about a big tank like that is you can do whatever you want! Let us know! I'm excited to see how it turns out

I look at like this. If the stand itself can support the weight of your tank, then the house will to. The stand would collaps well before the floor. I've had a 150 at my parents since I was 15. They live in a raised house due to the fact we live in south Louisiana and flooding/ hurricanes can be a problem. They have hardwood floors throughout and its sat in the same spot in our kitchen since the first day we got it. I'm 23 now so that's a long time! Never have they had a problem. The best thing about a big tank like that is you can do whatever you want! Let us know! I'm excited to see how it turns out

I'm so picky. A few more trips to my lfs and I may make up my mind.

Alot of cichlids would work. Any dwarf (Keyhole, Apros, Rams, Rainbows). Even Severums, Angels, Uarus, and Geophagus.

I would do a nice mix of cichlid and even gourami and rianbows. Maybe a small schools of larger tetras (congo, buenos areas, penguins, and redeyes). GOOD LUCK!

Do rams harem or do they pair?

Back
Top Bottom