225 gallon stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M1n1GolfChamp5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im stocking my 225 gallon aquarium
1 Black Ghost knife fish (own already)
1. Kuhli loach (own already)
3 Sun burst platys (own already)
1 irridecent shark (own already)
1 common pleco (own already)
1 convict cichlid (own already)
1 ram cichlid (own already)
2 eclipse cat fish (own already)
2 angle fish (own already)
1 silver arowna
11 baby clown loachs
6 tinfoil barb
5 bala sharks
please give me your imput on this stuff. i know i is a little crowded but i will be running 2 fluval fx5's

The iridecent shark will need a bigger tank. You will want to add at least 2 more kuhli loaches.

Do not stock the 5 bala sharks- pretty much impossible to own in the long-run with everything else you're stocking in your 125. Each one will grow to over a foot long and WILL cause problems in the future with all of your smaller fish... aka eating them. They're also not peaceful fish by any means, and will nip or end up killing weaker AND smaller fish (platies).

I really suggest you just cut out all bala sharks... they WILL cause major problems.

As for angelfish, are they a mated pair? If not, they will most likely nip at each other too. Angelfish are semi-aggressive as well, and will be very nippy unless you keep over six, at least.

That said, most of your other fish are semi-aggressive. Platies are small and peaceful and won't do well at all with that stock, so I suggest keeping them separately too.

Back
Top Bottom