3.5 gal marineland kit, what to put in it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
The kit is on clearance at my LFS and I am so tempted to pick it up, but what would I put in it? I know 5gal is kind of the min for bettas, but if it's the only one what do you think?

What are the tank dimensions if it's longer than tall I think a single betta would be fine.

Or you could do a shrimp tank

I agree with Josh7, longer is better:) Shrimp and snails are pretty sweet too! Um, there are tons of nano fish out there! Just go look!

Thanks! it's longer than it is tall and I was thinking about shrimp, because I do love RCS but i haven't had much luck with shrimp, so we will see.

i think i might go with a betta. we had one for a long time but now i just have to figure out where to put it.... that is the hard part

skiweeangel said:
i think i might go with a betta. we had one for a long time but now i just have to figure out where to put it.... that is the hard part

Haha, yeah it is! Are you going to plant it?

I think you should try the shrimp again. I have a 2.5 gal shrimp tank and I love it. As long as the water is cycled, they are very low maintenance.

Depending on the dimensions of the tank, you could do a pair of dwarf crays. IME they're hardier than shrimp, reproduce as fast, and it's easy to make some $$ from their offspring. They are also really cute and entertaining.

Depending on the dimensions of the tank, you could do a pair of dwarf crays. IME they're hardier than shrimp, reproduce as fast, and it's easy to make some $$ from their offspring. They are also really cute and entertaining.
I've always wanted a crayfish, what do you feed them? Tankmates?

You can keep fish with the dwarfs. It's always possible they could pose a threat to a fish, but unlikely. I've had no issues keeping them with fish and shrimp. They eat pretty much everything, but seem to prefer frozen foods and shrimp pellets.

Back
Top Bottom