5 gallon delima

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duston4567

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I am getting a 5 gallon tank fory bed room and I would like something exciting to put in it. I want to set
Up
My tank like a Asian river scene. I thought about a betta and also guppies but if u have any ideas please let me know thanks.

Theres not many options when it somes to stocking a 5 gallon tank, but what about a single betta? CPD's, Sparkling gouramis, endlers, or shrimp?

Thanks so much for the puffers so I have to do anything special to
The water and where can I find endlers

Sorry I was typing fast. Do u have to do anything special to keep the puffers and where do I find endlers I tried checking around and can't

I wouldn't recommend a puffer for a 5g tank. They recommend 15g tank for dwarf puffers, then 1 puffer per 5g. Puffers are very intelligent and do better in a complex enviroment. They will often be picky and eat only live foods like snails and blackworms.

Betta, or some shrimp/snail combo would porbably work well in your tank.

Lots of folks asking about puffers lately, heheh. Here's a recent thread with a lot of good puffer info: Info about puffers pleasel. The three main things you wanna keep in mind for dwarf puffers are that -
A) These little guys can be terrors when they don't have enough space. 5gals per puffer, minimum. I wouldn't add any tankmates(outside of shrimp) in a 5gal, single puff tank.
B) They really will only eat worms and snails. No flakes/pellets/wafers/etc and keep up on the water changes because they are messy eaters.
C) Their tank must be interesting and natural. You can't throw some rainbow neon gravel and a pink castle into a tank, toss in a puffer, and call it done. They will freak out.
Best use the site posted by Brian Nano - Dwarf Puffers: Home

Or don't put in a puffer at all. :D

Back
Top Bottom