5 gallon tank options ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
What type of fish can be in a 5 gallon tank ( don't say bettas because I already have 2 ) I like tropical and cold water fish , and species only tanks and mixed species tanks , so give me some cool fish that can be in a 5 gallon permanently , thanks in advance :) . ( p.s make sure they're not expensive to have or are hard to keep , because I'm not a beginner but I'm not an expert .

I'm going to get a 10 gallon not a 5 so tell me the fish that can be In a 10 gallon

A single school of 6 Chili Rasboras, Neon Tetras, Green Neon Tetras, Nano Rasboras, Ember Tetras, etc would work.
You could keep a single Dwarf Puffer, but they can sometimes be a challenge to feed, and are prone to intestinal parasites.
You could have a few male Guppies, or 5 male Endlers.

A single school of 6 Chili Rasboras, Neon Tetras, Green Neon Tetras, Nano Rasboras, Ember Tetras, etc would work.
You could keep a single Dwarf Puffer, but they can sometimes be a challenge to feed, and are prone to intestinal parasites.
You could have a few male Guppies, or 5 male Endlers.

What about gouramies ?

Oh, sorry. Didn't see that post.
In a ten gallon, I would do a Honey Gourami, along with a school of 10 Chili Rasboras. Though that is quite a lot of red/orange.

Oh, sorry. Didn't see that post.
In a ten gallon, I would do a Honey Gourami, along with a school of 10 Chili Rasboras. Though that is quite a lot of red/orange.

Lol that's okay , and I am interested in gouramies , what about 1-2 dwarf gouramies and some type of schooling fish that are colorful

A few licorice gouramis would look great but they require very small live food.

A few of my favorite freshwater nano fish are the stiphodon gobies, indostomus paradoxus, and the sumatran neon green kuhli loach.

A few of my favorite freshwater nano fish are the stiphodon gobies, indostomus paradoxus, and the sumatran neon green kuhli loach.

I can't find anything on the stiphodon gobies , can you tell me some stuff about them ? And how much can you have in a 10 gallon , and can they be with other fish ?

Aside from what has been mentioned here are some other good options for a 10g:

Celestial pearl danios
Scarlet badis
Endlers
Clown killies
Shell dweller cichlids
Dwarf shrimp
Spotted blue eye rainbowfish

Aside from what has been mentioned here are some other good options for a 10g:

Celestial pearl danios
Scarlet badis
Endlers
Clown killies
Shell dweller cichlids
Dwarf shrimp
Spotted blue eye rainbowfish

I'm getting 4 cloud minnows and 2 rosy red minnows :)

Be careful with rosy reds. They usually carry some type of disease. I've always used them to cycle my tanks and once my tank is cycled, I usually drain the water and replace it just to be sure. I know people hate fish in cycles but they're so cheap. I usually let a fish rot until the ammonia gets high enough and then I remove them. Works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom