50gallon stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

owen0992

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd like some stocking lists from you guys. I won't be able to stock this tank for awhile but I'd like to start researching good stocks. In this tank I want 2 angelfish and a school of at least 5 long-fin zebra danios. What else should I put in here? I'll have enough filtration for a 100 gallon tank so have at it regardless of bio load.

You could put gourami in there. They would look nice with your angels. Pictus garfish are nice, but don't plan on any small fish being in there when they get bigger.

2 angels
5 danio
6 cory cats or small loaches
1 moonlight gourami
3 assorted rainbows
1 bushy nose Pleco

Both of those sound really really good. If I went with the first suggestion could I have more than one gourami? I've never actually kept the species so am unaware of it's personality.

Both of those sound really really good. If I went with the first suggestion could I have more than one gourami? I've never actually kept the species so am unaware of it's personality.

Gouramis are similar to Bettas in some ways. They tend to fight other Gouramis. Even some Pairs kill the mate off. Not always, but if you are getting a large species Id stick to one.

Dwarf, you could do 2 perhaps.

My favorite are Pearl Gouramis. The most peaceful of the larger Gouramis. And beautiful !

I have never had any trouble with the gourami. They nip at each others sides, but I've never seen any cuts or fun damage. It is probably best to get them all close to the same time, within a few months, that way they grow up together. That will likely lower the change of bad aggression later.

I'm thinking stock number two on here. I can't wait to get these guys going. I've never had gourami, corys, rainbow, or a pleco. Once I find the perfect driftwood to go in the tank I plan on making it bare bottom and just have the driftwood with a lot of anubias tied to it. Then come the fish!

Back
Top Bottom