55 gallon kribensis and corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I do this or will this end up being a bad idea ?
and also 1 bristlenose pelco

Last edited:
It would be fine, but you would be limited on how many pairs of kribs. I was able to keep 3 pairs in my 55, which was heavily planted without there being any issues. Anymore than 3 pairs and you could be asking for aggression problems between them.

They will be ok I have a pair in with neons, danios, kuhlis and yoyo loaches. They only will bug them when they mate.

Kribs and cories together are not a good idea!!! If your Kribs pair up and decide to mate things aren't going to go well for your cories. They don't do well st staying out of the Kribs territory and the Kribs will do some serious damage. Trust me

ok, so if corys do not work, what other tank mates can I consider for my kirbs ? 55 gallon considering

If you have a heavily planted tank or a tank with plenty of places for the cories to hang out in, away from the kribs when they spawn, you shouldn't have any problems. I kept cories with my kribs, along with otos and the kribs only showed aggression towards each other. Everyone else they left alone.

Back
Top Bottom