55g slow build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
this is after it was cleaned up a little

35049-albums1527-picture13898.jpg

hmm mine looks quite similar to that...

LOL gotta wait on a replacement part for an Eheim canister I bought used, and a little cash flow to secure the Black Thaitian moon sand Oh and a heater But im chomping at the bit. :)

Looks like my 75G but skinnier. Lights and everything. Any ideas about what your doing with it?

I plan on doing this slow and doing it right, but just a nice Mbuna tank I believe. with yellow Labs and Solusi in it. That is the plan we shall see. Ive already opened the negotiations for another 55g transfer to my owenership from a friend. ha who knows what the future holds.

Slow and right is way better then fast and messing everything up. But I think it will look nice. Planted tank? Or no?

True. I've only had one type of cichlids and those were oscars. And well... we all know how they respond to plants

So I did my home job on cutting the glass tops to fit down in the recessed areas. This morning on my way to Martial Arts class I stopped at a garage sale, I seen a tank, no stand with $25 on it. I look its a 30 gal with double tetra filter heater rocks deco lid light and then I see inside a 25 foot python hose with attachment. so the lady says offer, I blurted $15 she said ok.

Ya im excited about it. the wife on the other hand wast so happy lol I said hey babe it was only $15 and she agreed, thats a good deal. I am gonna dig around and make sure there are no more treasures in there :)

Ya I know you can't buy just the python for that much around here. They're like $35 or more

so its a bad pic and a dirty tank sitting in a dirty garage LOL but this is the 30g I landed. I found two or three air pumps a heater a python type gravel vac an undergravel filter tray some deco a twin tetra filter with a new filter in package.
35049-albums1527-picture14000.jpg

Ok I got some Tahitian Moon sand (black) , a Eheim 200w heater and some media for my 2236 Eheim cannister filter. With some more rock I will be ready to start.

Back
Top Bottom