55G tank what in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, they don't necessarily eat plants. If you keep them well fed, there will be little eating of plants. Or getting plants with thicker and more tough leaves.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
No, they don't necessarily eat plants. If you keep them well fed, there will be little eating of plants. Or getting plants with thicker and more tough leaves.

Ok then I will go with planted tank has long as fish dont eat the plants (as If they would) .

You will always have some nipping. It's like if you put us in a grocery store for our whole life, yet still fed us three meals a day. Eventually we would grab a candy bar or something.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
You will always have some nipping. It's like if you put us in a grocery store for our whole life, yet still fed us three meals a day. Eventually we would grab a candy bar or something.

True thanks planted it is.

Here is my used 55G tank with a stand tank decorations, algae destroyer :( ammonia tester, huge!! Fish flake food, lid+ lights ,filter,heater, some actives rocks and black diamond rocks for something . Mostly all dirt but I was cleaning it all up.

Attachments

• image-3194114401.jpg
    image-3194114401.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 56
Hi Fishie,

Don't use the algae destroyer, or any algae product that gets rid of algae for that matter. Most contain harmful chemicals that will kill your fish. I tried it once, it killed some of my neon tetras.

Are you planning on moving the blood parrots in there too? :)

I'm not going to use the algae destroyer because I need it because I'm moving my pleco to it once cycled. (in 29G with blood parrots.) I'm getting a couple for tanks since its Christmas couldn't get bigger tank because I need some room but I'm getting there. Most Likely putting African cichlid tank hoping at least 2 with my blood parrots.

Those parrots are going to get large enough to stock that 55 gallon along with the pleco. I would not suggest adding African cichlids to a tank with parrots.

severum mama said:
Those parrots are going to get large enough to stock that 55 gallon along with the pleco. I would not suggest adding African cichlids to a tank with parrots.

Oh ok I haven't done my research on Africans yet but I need to. I'm looking at bigger tank 75G and 100G tanks within my price range. For them all stole pleco from my brother because it was in a 15G tank.

If you want SA, then a pair of angel should be fine. If you want 2, you can always start with like 6 little ones and sell off the spares after a pair is formed. Yeah, spawning angels in atank can complicate things. A lot is dependant on the individual angels though.
If you want Africans, I would recommend a group of yellow labs and a group of johanni (or some other blue cichlid because of the color contrast). :)

absolutangel04 said:
If you want SA, then a pair of angel should be fine. If you want 2, you can always start with like 6 little ones and sell off the spares after a pair is formed. Yeah, spawning angels in atank can complicate things. A lot is dependant on the individual angels though.
If you want Africans, I would recommend a group of yellow labs and a group of johanni (or some other blue cichlid because of the color contrast). :)

Great thanks might do one of these!

No prob. I definitley know more about SA fish. I am a HUGE angel fan. :) But, as far a fw fish go, its hard ot compete with labs and other affys as far as pure, vivid colors go. :)

Back
Top Bottom