55gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valentine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1 angle
6 widow tetras
1 red tale shark
3 platies

any recommendations would be most helpful

i would not go with the red-tail shark as they can become agressive and grow to over a foot long.

if it was me i would get 2 angels (i assume this is what you ment above, otherwise i do not know what an angle fish is :?)

i would also get atleast 8 of the tetra, so you have a good shoal, and they do not fin-nip the angel(s).

In my 55 gallon I have 4 angelfish, 6 black tetras, 3 silver dollars, 2 pictus catfish, a male betta, a few corydoras, and a pleco. Just to give you an idea.

I'd definitley look into adding more angelfish and tetras if you'd like, that's be awesome looking. The angelfish will grow quite large.

i hear if u get 2 angels 1 will bully the other so they are best kept alone or in 3s and i would like bottom feeder wat about sum corries be a gd selection??????

I love cories, you should definately get some. They need to be kept in a minimum group of 3, but 6 is best, and with such a large tank, you could easily keep 6.

Red-tail shark grows to a foot long (Epalzeorhynchus bicolor)? I've never seen one over 5". Semi-aggressive but one did fine with angel fish for me. SAE's and red-tail shark together were not a good combination though...[possibly applies to any fish that have a similar shape]

patryuji said:
Red-tail shark grows to a foot long (Epalzeorhynchus bicolor)? I've never seen one over 5". Semi-aggressive but one did fine with angel fish for me. SAE's and red-tail shark together were not a good combination though...[possibly applies to any fish that have a similar shape]
oops :oops: my bad i read the size wrong, thought i said 17 inches, but actualy said 17 cm (~7 inches) :?

lol i thought that u scared me so would it be gd then u recon??????

Have 2-3 really good hiding spots for your red-tail shark (dark, multiple entries, big enough for a 5-6 inch fish to turn around) and it should be fine.

I don't know anything about the tetras and if they have any similarities in shape to the red-tail shark you will have problems.

Back
Top Bottom