67Gal freshwater tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, didn't see that guy on the list. Have you checked out orange laser cories? (my 2nd favorite!)

Haha Cories are a good call actually! So if we say 6 Cories, 3 Yoyo's, 1 RTBS and an ADF for the bottom. Mid sitters are ofc the 3 Discus and on the top 4 hatchetfish (Adding more of these bad boys is another option as they are awesome fish!) What other fish should i get?

And i know people wont answer to many problems on this thread as it doesnt seem to have much interesst yet but as my new filter is in my old tank, when it goes into the new tank will it have a good bacterial colony from the off?

The only issue i have is i have the fish in my 120L, should be ok though in a 66 gal. Going on to plants now im thinking Dwarf sage as the background high plants but still not sure what plants to compliment it with as a layered effect to the back and what low plants for the front.

Probably gonna pick up the Phillips Purifier this evening any feedback needs to be before then! If not i hope its going to be £100 well spent. Will also be picking up the substrate and DW to start soaking.

So i went to a different LFS yesterday and saw they had driftwood for about a quarter of the price so bought 4 bits of that and got the substrate which is JBL manado and JBL Aqua basis plus for underneath the heavily planted area. They are all soaking away for a week and i also picked up tht Purifier! As we are all picture lovers they will be posted later. Im still wanting to know about Elephant Nose fish from people on here who i trust more than my LFS and also more fish ideas in general!

So i went to a different LFS yesterday and saw they had driftwood for about a quarter of the price so bought 4 bits of that and got the substrate which is JBL manado and JBL Aqua basis plus for underneath the heavily planted area. They are all soaking away for a week and i also picked up tht Purifier! As we are all picture lovers they will be posted later. Im still wanting to know about Elephant Nose fish from people on here who i trust more than my LFS and also more fish ideas in general!
The elephant nose fish will be to big for your tank. I heard that they need at least, at least 100G tank... Not sure if your 67G (UK) equals at least 100G (US)???????.
I recommend you Angel fish

Before we got discus we had 2 angelfish they were alright with the first discuss but when we added the second 2 they got aggressive which is sad as I miss my beautiful angelbert. That's a shame about the elephant nose as tthey look very unique.

Here are some pics of the Purifier, the top substrate and the one which will be in the densely planted areas (The smaller grained one) And the 4 bits of driftwood which will be combinedinto 2 big bits!

Attachments

• IMG-20110513-00024.jpg
    IMG-20110513-00024.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20110513-00025.jpg
    IMG-20110513-00025.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG-20110513-00026.jpg
    IMG-20110513-00026.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20110513-00027.jpg
    IMG-20110513-00027.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 73
The tank has arrived! So substrate, driftwood, rocks and plants are all soaked and ready to go. Going to be short on plants to start with but easily sorted by the weekend. Will update with pictures as the building progress's.

Back
Top Bottom