a bunch of neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
abrahamavelar said:
not to sound dumb or anything but whats a dg???

cool looking tank!!!!

Dwarf gourami! Haha thats alright there are no dumb questions

Gboy66 said:
Looks good, gunna get more neons and mollys rite?

abrahamavelar said:
not to sound dumb or anything but whats a dg???

cool looking tank!!!!

Thanks, yes I'm gonna get 8 more neons and 2 more female white lyretail Molly's

I was going for the Takashi Amano look but that many neons never swam together. Just looked like a tank full of neons. It was quite disappointing. I needed a predator to get them together but I added an inch long, long arm prawn and he ate most of them in a matter of weeks. He was 16 inches long when I finally realized what was happening. So it all worked out. Got discus after that. Fed the prawn to a 3 foot long pleco that had had enough of his prodding.

Bige said:
I was going for the Takashi Amano look but that many neons never swam together. Just looked like a tank full of neons. It was quite disappointing. I needed a predator to get them together but I added an inch long, long arm prawn and he ate most of them in a matter of weeks. He was 16 inches long when I finally realized what was happening. So it all worked out. Got discus after that. Fed the prawn to a 3 foot long pleco that had had enough of his prodding.

Haha what?? Thats messed

No I just moved it to a more aggresive tank. Had 4 14inch balas and 3 12 inch clown loaches in a 300g. The pleco was huge and nice. But the prawn I guess tried to eat the pleco or just got too close. Not sure really. Happened over night. I didn't want to kill it just wanted him out of the "nice" tank. That prawn also ate scores of otos and rummy nose over the years. Tank was so heavily planted that I never saw it.

Does anyone reading this know about Molly's, like do they like alot of water pressure.

I have a DIY filter made from a culligan water filter pushing 300 gph and an old dynomax pushing almost 200gph on my 40g with the 2 Molly's and my 13 neons. Is this too much for them. I can stir the sand up and the tank will be fully crystal clear in about 20-30 minutes. And there is also a small bubbler going

On a 2nd note, my pleco found the newly added vodka bottle "cave"

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110920_234953.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110920_234953.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom