A little help with my water results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 33 gallon ph 8, amm 0, ni 0.1, na 20
30 gallon ph 8, amm 0.6, ni 0.1, na 10
10 gallon ph 8, amm 0, ni 0, na 0
10 gallon ph 8, amm 0, ni 0.1 na 10

anyhting i should do or are they pretty good results and if any one really knows what are the ideal conditions and when should i take action and what actions should i take. sorry for all the queations but iam hopeing this will help me and anyone else that is now testing there own water might stop a few water results threads too lol.

Ph verys from fish to fish otherwise, your ammo should always be 0, nitrites 0 and nitrates are a little debated but i would say anywhere from 0-20. Looks like the ammo on your 30 is a bit high

do you have fish in it or is it still cycling? same with the 10 actually , those numbers seam like the cycle hasnt really started in it yet, is it new? If you have fish in it i would definately do a 50% maybe more(somebody with more experience chime in?) and keep it up once or twice a day until it drops down below .25 and preferably 0.

ryan-peddle said:

Partial water changes. Use it when cleaning filter media. Never clean filter media in tap water, you'll kill the bacteria.

Your numbers look good. When you see an ammo spike, do a PWC.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

yeah i was told to clean the media in tank water. the 33 30 are 3-4 weeks old now the two tens are new one had my betta and the other has my fantail both are doing fine i never ever had to cycle for a betta no idea why they always did just fine my other betta is 3 years old never cycled his tank either

Back
Top Bottom