Advice on Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theoutdoorsykid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fish seem happy and healthy, and I currently feed them a varied diet. There is currently no problem, but I want to make sure they are getting everything they need. I am interested in what you experts out there think I should feed the following stock, in what quantities, and at what intervals. Let me know your recommendations and why. Thanks!

29 gallon planted, well-maintained, 60 gallon HOB filter.

6 harlequin rasboras, 5 ottos, 3 hatchetfish, 3 roseline sharks, 2 black ruby barbs, 2 cory sterbai, 5 amano shrimp, 3 orange bee shrimp, 2 red cherry shrimp, 1 zebra nerite snail.

I feed my fish high quality flake as a staple and good frozen foods scattered throughout the week!

Sent from my X10a using Aquarium

For those I'd feed the top and mid level fish good flakes and sink a shrimp pellet or algae wafer for the bottom feeders. Give them bloodworms as a treat.

If I have bottom feeders, which I do, I usually include at least some flakes since they sink to the bottom fairly rapidly. Algae wafers are fine, but mine seem to ignore them. Oh well.

I do a pretty big mix of flakes, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and freeze dried bloodworms. The discus love the freeze dried bloodworms, so I find myself doing that more and more.

Back
Top Bottom