advice plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for all the info as far as my favorite in it would be the crawfish and the ropefish love watchin him swim 3rd would be the pictus cat and 4rth would be the iridescent or the blackfin although i do like watchn the gouramis to tho and i did do the research but i might have possibly just ignored it after i started buying cuz i wanted to many for wat i should be keeping. i check water with test strips everyday is there possibly a time frame someone could give me for about how long i could keep wat i have if i can get a larger tank soon enough? and for when i get a larger tank could a thomasi pleco (L-187b) be compatible with wat i have. i did know that alot of what i have gets rather large. as i was lookin at emm tho the want overcame the should

That gives us something to work with. Even with the 125 there are some fish you cant keep and in my opinion shouldnt be sold in Local Fish Shops.

Based on what you listed as favorites this is what I would do

What absolutely has to go
Dragon Goby (brackish)
ID Shark (too big and needs to be in groups)
Blackfin Shark (Gets way to big)
Bala Shark (too big and needs to be in groups)
Common Plecos (too big and give off lots of waste)

I would stock the following

20 Gallon
Crayfish (blue lobster)
Dwarf Gouramis
You could add a group of schooling fish like tetras or barbs
The L-187b would work in this tank

55 Gallon
Rope fish (you can even get a second).
Kissing Gouramis or Angels (not both I would do Angels)
Pictus Cats or Raphael Cat (not both)
Red Fin Shark (gives you the shark look you like but stays a decent size)
You could do bushy nose or some other fancy pleco that doesn't get to big in this tank how ever plecos are not necessary.

With this set up you can have a nice active tank and everyone will be happy and healthy making it much more pleasing to keep.

The biggest mistake everyone makes is how many fish can I cram in to my tank. The hobby becomes much more enjoyable when you start saying how nice can I grow out what I have. Adult fish are much more impressive than what you buy and growing them out is very rewarding.

Its quite possible. This site is not known for being kind to new people. I have to take breaks every so often so I don't loose it on some of the "dictators of fish keeping" here.

I agree. I usually avoid these types of threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

thank you all again for the info and tips workin on gettin the dragon goby to his new home and i have someone interested in taking the kissing gourami.will try to rehome the iridescent and blackfin but i do rlly like the way they look maybe rehome once the grow a tiny bit more XD they will be next to find a new home tho. also is it odd that teh blackfin/ bala and iridescent seem to prefer each others company i nvr see any aggression from any of emm redfin seems to like to be a bit away from them but still no aggression or hostility between any of wats in tank

thank you all again for the info and tips workin on gettin the dragon goby to his new home and i have someone interested in taking the kissing gourami.will try to rehome the iridescent and blackfin but i do rlly like the way they look maybe rehome once the grow a tiny bit more XD they will be next to find a new home tho. also is it odd that teh blackfin/ bala and iridescent seem to prefer each others company i nvr see any aggression from any of emm redfin seems to like to be a bit away from them but still no aggression or hostility between any of wats in tank

They are all still juveniles. Give them some time to mature and they will tear each other apart one day.

Caleb

Hello again all thank you all for advice. I had a question regarding airstones if any could give me some info do most fish not like them? Most of my fish tend to stay away from that side of tank

Hello again all thank you all for advice. I had a question regarding airstones if any could give me some info do most fish not like them? Most of my fish tend to stay away from that side of tank

It depends on how high you run it. Some fish don't mind it while others is scares them half to death. I have one in one of my tanks and keep it fairly low and the inhabitants don't mind it at all. I feel like a huge rush of them would stress me out as well tough if I were a fish.

Caleb

decided to post apic of the tank this was before alot of the stocking errors angle kinda bad with the lights tho

Attachments

• 11150931_366077310244840_4484234652853394950_n.jpg
    11150931_366077310244840_4484234652853394950_n.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 58
also i did 0 research on plant life to add to it so any suggestions would be appreciate very little hiddin places so any info wtheir would be greatly appreciated

The only one I can really tell is the bamboo. Pull it out and stick it in a bowl of water. The top shouldn't be submerged.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom