Am I over stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all for your input! I feel much better knowing that I'm not crowding my fish :)

I will be sad when I have to part with my loaches but it's for the best. I changed their size to the juvenile option on AqAdvisor and it was a night and day difference, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't add much, but I bet aqadvisor was just freaked out about your loaches.

It yells at me too. I agree with adding more ottos and neons. I have between 12-16 ottos. It's hard to keep track of them. But they stopped dying off so fast when I added the last batch of 10. They have a personality like loaches. Mine like to school with my zebra danios and swim around in a v shape like geese. Same with my neons in an other tank, I have 7 neons and a betta. They seem MUCH happier since I added the batch of four.

Sent from my iPhone

Not to sidetrack, but do you mind if I ask how big your tank is? I have 4 Otos in a 60g and wouldn't mind adding a couple more because they seem pretty social with each other, but I have two SAEs and 2 BN Plecos and worry about the food supply for the Otos with that many algae eaters. Am I worrying needlessly?

Not to sidetrack, but do you mind if I ask how big your tank is? I have 4 Otos in a 60g and wouldn't mind adding a couple more because they seem pretty social with each other, but I have two SAEs and 2 BN Plecos and worry about the food supply for the Otos with that many algae eaters. Am I worrying needlessly?

Pick up some algae wafers or algae sheets if you're that afraid of them not eating as much.

Quite an interesting little herbivorous community you have there..
Tank must be spotless.

Pick up some algae wafers or algae sheets if you're that afraid of them not eating as much.

Quite an interesting little herbivorous community you have there..
Tank must be spotless.

I do, in addition to feeding cucumber and zucchini. Problem is, the Otos haven't acquired the knack for feeding on prepared/alternative foods since they are wild caught. The SAEs and BNs go to town on it.

The tank with the ottos is 180g. Last I counted I had 12. They are pretty fun to watch. Ottos won't eat prepared foods. So if you don't have enough algae for them I wouldn't get more. They will get down on some zucchini but not sure if that's considered a treat or an acceptable meal.

What else do you have in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom