Am I weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I can spend an easy hour and a half just watching my fish. I just love it and it's something I look forward to. A question to you all, how much time do you spend with your fish?

Fluff said:
Hours.
I don't think it makes us weird. I like the word eccentric better. :wink:

:lol:

I watch them as much as I can. I have three tanks in three different rooms in my house and find myself staring all the time. I will often get lost staring at the one in the living room. Sometimes I think my wiife gets a little jealous.

I have a tank in the living room and in my bed room.
I will come to the living room to watch TV and i will find myself just staring at the tank and i will miss whatever i wanted to watch.
And in my bedroom i can stare at my ank untill i fall asleep. its not wierd Everyone does it.

Countless hours. On a typical day:

Up at 5:45. Ready for work and spend 7:30-8:00'ish during the morning feeding
Home at 4:30/5:00 and head for the feeding again. This usually goes on well past 6:00.
Kids go to bed and I normally head outside to the swing. I'm not exactly watching an aquarium, but watching a whiskey barrel pond.

All-in-all, I probably burn a good 2-4 hours a day watching fish. Very relaxing it is (for the most part).

Every night after turning TV off I watch my fish for about 1/2 hour. The tank in livingroom I often stare at while watching Tv and totally forget about show. I could watch my two Blood Parrots for a long time without being bored at all. Soon I will be setting another one up in the bedroom . Heck, I might even get rid of the TV in the bedroom! :D

Well, I have a dual problem...both my tanks are in the living room and you can't help but stare at one or the other (or both...depending on where you're sitting). I sometimes find myself absorbed in some fishy activity. Over this past weekend, I think I spent about 2 hours searching the 75 for baby snails. :D

Sometimes I think my wiife gets a little jealous.

This may have been true in the beginning...but somehow the wife has taken over the monitoring of the fish for any unusual activity or behavior. She was the first to spot the large apple snail "wind surfing" on the bubble column. (y)

Kari said:
I get lost watching the fish too, but I was weird way before that :lol:

Judging from the posts I've read over the past month or so, I don't think anyone will mistake us for normal. :)

I've been late somewhere just because I had to take one last sneak peek at my tank.

My wife thinks I am weird because I placed my(notice how I wrote my instead of our tank 8) ) tank in our entertainment center and moved the T.V. by the corner wall. Is that weird? :jump:

j/k

Weird - yes! However I conveniently have my recliner facing the tank and find myself watching it as often as the tv! Moving the entertainment center has crossed my mind.......

Enjoy your fish - they rank higher than the junk on TV!

No...of course that's not weird (wonder's how long my marriage would last if I did that...LOL). Aren't tanks "entertaining"? Only makes sense to put it in an "Entertainment Center" :mrgreen:

I spend hours watching that little world contained in a glass box.
My girl thought I was out of my mind when I started my big tank project...
now she come down to look at the tank for half an hour every night!

So... now I guess I could justify another tank! :lol:

Eureka I've got it! :mrgreen:

Empty the T.V. and seal it tight and fill with fish and water!

Oh wait................its been done :(

And then secretly invite everyone over for the superbowl, and have them gaze for hours into the world you are a GOD of (rubbing hands together and sheepishly grinning.........muhahahahaa!).

Whats weird is the amount of time I spend on this board, not the amount of time I watch my fish. :D Now that I got my tank just like I want it I'm spending more time watching and less time typing, so you might not see a lot of me on here for a while. At least until I change around my tank again :roll:

Tony, don't go away!!!! Your tank may be going well, but in doing that you've aquired a lot of experience that is invaluable to all of us new to the hobby. Pleaaaase, stick around!!!!!!
:mrgreen:

As far as how long I spend with my fish, well... as long as I can! I only have one tank of my own and babysit my daughter's 2 tanks whenever she is not around. But I'm always doing something with them. Feeding, cleaning, checking the water, etc. And every time I take extra time to sit there and observe them. I spend a good 1 to 1.5 hours with the tank every day. I wish I had more time.

And yes, I think we're all weird!!! My husband doesn't miss a chance to point that out! But always in good fun!

:invasion:

Don't worry Big C, now that my frogs are spawning I have a whole new set of questions and problems I will be dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom