Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Necara

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I finally figured out my ammonia problem (tap water.....figure that one out......) and got my levels all looking good.

Went down to the LFS and picked up four nickel/quarter sized Angelfish to introduce into the tank.

One of them however is just plain mean, it's odd because he is the 3rd smallest in size, but he bullies the other 3 Angels and the little feeder guppies I had added to help cycle the tank (They are too big for them to eat just yet).

Not sure if this aggressiveness will wean with time or just get worse..... One of these angels has the prettiest markings I've seen and I don't want Mr. Jerk to hurt it or the others.

Also on food: I have some frozen shrimp brine cubes and some frozen bloodworm cubes, as well as some decent quality flakes..... They love the frozen stuff, but won't touch the flakes..... I am under the impression that feeding them the stuff in the frozen cubes should be more of a treat a couple times a week than their main diet...... But the flakes are obviously not working, so does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Try
NLS thera a + garlic sinking pelets either .5mm or 1mm.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They will eat the flakes. Just feed them nothing but flakes for a few days, even if they look like they won't eat them. I have fed and feed flakes to all my angels and even discus.
You can try different kinds, I found both Angels and discus really like Omega One Marine Flakes with garlic.
And yes pellets work also.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah +1 to Gilpi. If you feed them just flakes for a while they will start eating them, they won't just starve. I did it with one of my angels a while back. I also had a small angel that was super aggressive to my pleco and I had to get rid of him :/ Hope you don't have to get rid of yours.

How big is your tank?

It's a 55g . . . My little mean one is getting big quick.... From the 3rd smallest to the largest since my original post, but he's calmed down some too so that's a plus.

They still aren't doing well on the flakes, but they pick hem outta the gravel eventually. I am going to try some pellets when I get back to the LFS

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom