Any creative tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have contemplated many odd tank designs. One being a double separation with a clear pipe/tube/bridge connecting the tanks on the left and right through the tank in the middle.

Filtration for the tank in a tank idea could maybe be accomplished by plumbing the return into the inner tank to force out old water into the outer tank or just by using a power head of sorts.

Most rentals don't want crazy large aquariums and water furniture items which could cause damage to the property if it leaks!!! Better check on that first.

Cool double tank deal though!

How bout a 20 gallon long fresh within a 75 salt, or viseversa. Or the 20 as a terrarium instead or aquarium, or vise versa. Or turn a stair case into a huge winding tank, let's not go into the details of it though. Or a suspended tank!? Like hanging off of somethin?! I'm full of crazy new ideas.

I have contemplated many odd tank designs. One being a double separation with a clear pipe/tube/bridge connecting the tanks on the left and right through the tank in the middle.

I never thought of that! Although I eventually would have, but why not split a 75 into a 20ish gallon on both sides, connected by a glass pipe through a terrarium, or make it salt on the sides and fresh in the middle, or viseversa.

I never thought of that! Although I eventually would have, but why not split a 75 into a 20ish gallon on both sides, connected by a glass pipe through a terrarium, or make it salt on the sides and fresh in the middle, or viseversa.

If I was to do it, [fresh|salt|fresh] or [salt|fresh|salt] was my plan although the terrarium idea is really cool and I've never thought of that before.

Put a tarantula in the middle of it! My dad used to have one, it was AWESOME! It was a Rose Haired......something........something tarantula.

Put a tarantula in the middle of it! My dad used to have one, it was AWESOME! It was a Rose Haired......something........something tarantula.

Won't it climb out? That would be a problem LOL. Maybe a small turtle? I already had a hermit crab and icing think of much else

Check out this indoor pond. Super cheap and easy to build. http://haughtypenguin.com/blog/?page_id=76

Thanks for the link! My great uncle had one of these and it was awesome! Unfortunately I live in an apartment in manhattan where installing almost anything would require huge maintenance, cost and permission from the apartment owner. I also have no space left in the apartment but I really appreciate your help and I will keep this into consideration when I have a place of my own!

Fish in manhattan..
wow! I used to live in boston in a 3rd story apt with no elevator. Wpildnt have ever considered trying to maintain more than a 10-20g tank!

Why dont you make a tank into your bedframe? Like the headboard and footboard, not the fram itself. Wouldnt take much more space and it wpuld be pretty awesome!

Back
Top Bottom