Any creative tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I mean like crazy ideas. I thought of turning my shower into a pond (didn't work out) but I'm looking for something instead. Anyone got any ideas? I live in a rental apartment

I'm moving my bed over to fit a 40 gallon cichlid tank btw ^_^

Maybe I can move my platys over too? Idk

What kind of floor space are you working with that could be dedicated to this cause that would really help narrow down your options

A mote around the house with sharks in it would be pretty crazy and BA in my opinion lol. Not sure what your looking for. If you want something that hasn't been done your gonna have to go pretty far outside the box and bring your money with you lol.

How bout this.. a 75g converted into a mangrove beach half SW fish other half reptiles :)

i took a corner bath tub and put it in a corner of the living room lined the outside of it with flat rock decorated with live plants and other decor around the top and ran water out of the tub spout awsome indoor pond.

How bout this.. a 75g converted into a mangrove beach half SW fish other half reptiles :)
I want a whole room like that lol half land half water.

With parrots in the tree's and sharks in the water.

bob mccoy said:
i took a corner bath tub and put it in a corner of the living room lined the outside of it with flat rock decorated with live plants and other decor around the top and ran water out of the tub spout awsome indoor pond.

Pictures? Please?

An aquarium I would want to own is a big tank split into three sections. One freshwater, one brackish water, and one saltwater. How cool would it be to have a tank with black tip sharks and blue spotted rays. Then to add the wow factor a trio of snowflake moray eels.

I would do, live betta owner said a 225g tank split into 3 75s. One brackish, freshwater and marine.

Have a tank within a tank within a tank. A a 20 in a 50 gallon ina a 75 or a mini m in a 60-p

Schism said:
A mote around the house with sharks in it would be pretty crazy and BA in my opinion lol. Not sure what your looking for. If you want something that hasn't been done your gonna have to go pretty far outside the box and bring your money with you lol.
+1
Sharks with lasers on their heads.

An air filled tank with reptiles of some sort inside of a larger water filled tank.. I have seen some crab tanks on YouTube with air pockets for the crabs to go into but I think a whole tank under water would be cool (and also impossible to maintain)

heyheyitsrae said:
Ooh that would be cool! But how would filtration work?

The tanks inside the tanks would be under the waterline (the water line would be filled to the very top of the largest tank) and just have a canister filter. The inner ones wouldnt get much flow, but you could DIY up some spraybars or airstones.

bettaowner said:
An aquarium I would want to own is a big tank split into three sections. One freshwater, one brackish water, and one saltwater. How cool would it be to have a tank with black tip sharks and blue spotted rays. Then to add the wow factor a trio of snowflake moray eels.

That sounds like a great idea! I would say cichlids on the left, figure 8 puffer fish in the middle, and green/blue chromis with gobies on the right.

I've experimented with the split tank idea only in a 10g though and only split once into 2 5g tanks but ran one fresh and one salt.

image-1547349520.jpg

It can be done and I want everyone to know the fish in the tank are now in display tanks and this tank was only so I could QT for both my fresh and saltwater tanks at the same time.

I've experimented with the split tank idea only in a 10g though and only split once into 2 5g tanks but ran one fresh and one salt.

It can be done and I want everyone to know the fish in the tank are now in display tanks and this tank was only so I could QT for both my fresh and saltwater tanks at the same time.

That's so cool, your QT has me thinking large scale now!

Back
Top Bottom