Aquaplus Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greeny

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to cycle a new tank using pure ammonia and I'm using filter media from an established tank. I expected something to happen quickly because of the filter media, but nothing was happening so I started looking for answers.

My tap water has added chloramine, but I hadn't conditioned it, I had just waited for the chlorine to evaporate, but now I know that chloramine does not evaporate.

So I added Aquaplus to remove the chloramine, and then an hour later I added gravel from the established tank. After adding the Aquaplus, the bubbles from the air stones started accumulating on top of the water. It isn't foamy or iridescent like soap bubbles.

Does Aquaplus cause this? Or did removing the chloramine allow soap bubbles to form when they didn't before?

Ammonia is about 4 and Nitrite and Nitrate are zero. The tank has Malasian driftwood and some Java fern and a few other ornaments.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, or even knows whether it could be harmful (to either the cycle or to fish when I add them), I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Greeny.

I did some more research and apparently Aquaplus causes bubbles, especially if there is a lot of aeration. I have lots of aeration because it is a very deep tank. So I will switch conditioners later, but not worry for now.

Thanks,
Greeny.

I have heard a lot of complaints that aquaplus will do this obviously some other water conditions will apply but i think switching will hopefully cover it. People keep returning it to the store with complaints, a shame since haegens products are usually not bad... over priced... but not bad.

Works fine for me, been using it for two years now, I dont get any bubbles but I also treat my water and store it for a week before adding it to the tank.

did you add the exact correct dosage? I use a syringe to administer mine, dont know if that is the difference or not. I have 3 tanks running on this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom