Babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet! Betsy is still looking bigger, hopefully tonight she'll drop! I noticed my fish drop when I'm asleep,... Go figure eh? lol

Lol, perhaps! well, I'm gonna head to bed tonight, gotta work in the morning! I'll let ya guys know if she has em! G'nite!

my gups had tons of babies off of 2 females, i got 31 fry!! they dont have that much color yet ,there still tiny,. YAY 200TH POST:BIG:

i have one mother having babies now with daddy protecting her,it's cool, try the mother baby trap thing did not like it,trying something different

barely any of my babies have been eaten.luckily i found a good home for most of the baby gups but im going to get rid of one of my females because they are just going to keep having babies, and i may not be able to find homes for them.it looks like my gups are 2 weeks pregnant again

Lol no thanks, I have endlers that are preggo, and 2 mollies, and I think 2 swordtails too! lol ahh! what to do!

On the rubbing, you can tell when the females are getting inseminated while that happens. Watch it really close - the male aims his gondopodium into the female. I caught this on tape. The males have directional control on that straight anal fin, so they swim up right next to the female and point it right into her and BAM. Fishy love making.

I also caught my Molly on tape dropping her first batch of fry, other than that, I caught my Swordtail dropping the end of her last batch (mostly dead) but didn't pull out the camera for that one, all the live ones came out first and I missed those.

It happens at random times for me, but yeah, I always come into the room and there they are...

I just use a white 5g bucket and go like normal, then swirl the water around afterwards and wait a few minutes. All the gunk you suck up funnels together into a pile in the middle at the bottom, then you just net out the fry before adding the new water.

It's a little harder to do using a python. I think I sucked a couple out last time I used that so now I just use it to refill.

Thanks removed all the stuff ,rounded up 3 babies (black one) still alive from other tank, cleaned in ,water change added prime and put everything back looks good,keeping babies in breeder(baby) cage.

Found another one in the other tank(funny),they were only in that tank for maybe 2 weeks and left there mark , have 2 darkbabies and 2 light ones

Back
Top Bottom