Baby whale fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsavior87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a new baby whaleImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452444944.303631.jpg fish, I was told that they were very peaceful fish. When I put him in the fish tank he became extremely territorial and was bullying my elephant nose, ghost, and fire eel. I have a 30 gallon tank and it is very peaceful. I really like the baby whale fish but I dont know what to do, any ideas on how to tame him a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't worry too much about taming him, first your tank is horrendously overstocked unless you forgot a 0 at the end of the number of gallons. If anything that's likely your problem- not enough space for all of your fish. Your tank is too small for a single one of the fish you list as even a juvenile.

That's way to small of a tank. Fire eels get really really big.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Honestly the only thing that should be kept in that tank is the baby whale. Everything else gets too big for your tank

Honestly the only thing that should be kept in that tank is the baby whale. Everything else gets too big for your tank

The baby whale gets too big also. They need at least 55 gallon. Everything else should be in at least a 100 gallon.

The elephant nose ghost and baby whale all use electromagnetic signals to find food having more then 1 fish that emits this signal in an inclosed space is a bad idea becouse the fields they give off will interfere with each other stress them out and at times make them aggressive towards others emitting the frequency it's why elephant noses should not be kept in groups unless in a large tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom