Best Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenLouise

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just want to get everyone's opinions or options on a new canister filter. I am thinking about replacing my Fluval 306 canister filter with something else. I've looked into the SunSun and the Penn Plax Cascade canister filter. Which is better; anyone have either of these canister filters?

Thank you!

I have used a Cascade, Sunsun 304b, Eheim Pro 4+ 600, and Fluval 406.

Personally I will never use the sunsun again the seal on it is horrible, the clasps are a pain, the baskets are cheap and it just never really worked well.

The cascade was an alright cheap canister, no real complaints or compliments.

I’m currently using the Eheim and the Fluval for two different tanks and love them both. The Eheim has larger baskets for a lot more media and a strong flow

The Fluval has smaller baskets that are cut in halves so you’ll have less media but more types if you want it.

If I had to pick between the two I would stick with my Eheim because I can get so much more media but use all the Fluval tubing and what not.

For a lager tank use the eheim with more media but is also bulkier for a smaller tank a Fluval is more compact. Hope this helped!

Back
Top Bottom