Best place to buy a good looking betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for an online place or someone who will ship a betta. I just bought a fluval view and want a betta to go in it. I however want a cool looking one not a petco veil tale or anything.

Aquabid, which is similar to ebay but has aquarium fish and supplies, usually has lots of bettas for sale. I would check there first. Basement Bettas is another great place to get them- sometimes they have auctions on Aquabid as well.

+1 for aquabid. I just ordered a solid black halfmoon plakat from an aquabid seller. Just check the feedback for the seller you choose, just like eBay there are occasional bad sellers and scam artists. Most of the Bettas offered are from Thailand so you will have to pay for the fish then pay a transshipper who receives the shipment from overseas for the shipping from the transshipper to your house. The shipper I am using has shipping rates that start at like $43 for one fish, so just something to keep in mind. The price for the fish may not be too high but it is likely you will spend more than twice the cost of the fish for the shipping.

Yeah, aquabid is a great place for bettas. You'll be able to find all quality levels also from the petco/pet smart level up to show ready fish. Ebay is good as well... A little hit and miss.

I'm looking for quality colors

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but most of the bettas in Petco and Petsmart do have quality colors... Most of the time they can't show their true healthy colors in a tiny cup. If you look around on here, you will find many stories of people buying bettas that had little to no color at all, and after a while in a good new home, they start to show come color and end up being beautiful. Given good water conditions, plenty of space and a healthy diet, I think you will be surprised with how much they can change. I am not sure what you consider "quality", but most of the bettas in chain pet stores end up showing nice colors. I am not sure if you are looking for colors, or the fin shape and size. Most of the "high quality" bettas online will have very full tails and fins.

That's what I mean, I know about bettas I am looking for high quality fish. Not ones that have been in a cup for who knows how long

That's what I mean, I know about bettas I am looking for high quality fish. Not ones that have been in a cup for who knows how long

I was just saying that many of the ones that are in cups are high quality... they are just stressed and cramped in a cup of their own poo. I do see why you want the ones with awesome fins. They are so pretty!

Even you don't want one one that was in a cup you pretty much have to bread them yourself. Most of the ones on aqua bid and eBay are in small containers as well.

You might check

A. Local Aquarium Club for Betta breeders
B. see if you are lucky enough to have a local Betta Club

I have 3 Aquarium Clubs, my Aquatic Plant Club and an a Betta Club all within 1 hour of me.

I got my HMPK Betta male from my SFBAAPS club member who bred him.

Back
Top Bottom