My Betta is not eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took some fish stick. I broke into tiny pieces. It had no seasoning on it. No bread on it. I took the bread off. I also fed awhile ago with chicken with nothing on it. I am also eating fish, or chicken. I am also buy live food from ebay. I just fed my fish, cause I do not want him to starve. If that is not live food I am sorry. I thought it was. Well whatever you call it. betta loves it.
The fish stick is only live if it swims away just like the chicken is only live if it flies away. ;);) What you fed was NATURAL food, not live, but at least the fish ate it which shows that it's not sick, it just doesn't like the other foods. (And that's okay because not everybody likes the same foods. (y) ) Here's the thing tho, you are feeding the fish 100% protein which is not always easily digestible all the way through so you may want to try to also feed peas. Read through this to show you what to do with them ( The article is about bloat but more about how to prepare the peas for the fish): https://www.aquariadise.com/peas-fo...ficial to fish,loss of appetite, and bloating.

The fish stick is only live if it swims away just like the chicken is only live if it flies away. ;);) What you fed was NATURAL food, not live, but at least the fish ate it which shows that it's not sick, it just doesn't like the other foods. (And that's okay because not everybody likes the same foods. (y) ) Here's the thing tho, you are feeding the fish 100% protein which is not always easily digestible all the way through so you may want to try to also feed peas. Read through this to show you what to do with them ( The article is about bloat but more about how to prepare the peas for the fish): https://www.aquariadise.com/peas-fo...ficial to fish,loss of appetite, and bloating.

Well that helps. I can feed to beta, peas, if he will eat it, until his live food arrives from Ebay. But I can also feed some chicken, until my order arrives. I have frozen peas I can feed my betta. I have to read more about the peas. I did read some of it. I will read all of it though. It said something about can peas, and frozen peas. And about cooking the peas, which I can do. I'll have to cook the peas and see what betta would do. My other betta likes the pellets and dried worms. I call my red, white, and blue betta "independence." and my white and blue betta I call..Heavenly. Heavenly will eat almost anything. :thanks:(y)

Well that helps. I can feed to beta, peas, if he will eat it, until his live food arrives from Ebay. But I can also feed some chicken, until my order arrives. I have frozen peas I can feed my betta. I have to read more about the peas. I did read some of it. I will read all of it though. It said something about can peas, and frozen peas. And about cooking the peas, which I can do. I'll have to cook the peas and see what betta would do. My other betta likes the pellets and dried worms. I call my red, white, and blue betta "independence." and my white and blue betta I call..Heavenly. Heavenly will eat almost anything. :thanks:(y)
This is why I suggested the Frozen brine shrimp because the exoskeleton on the shrimp is roughage which aids in the natural " flow" of things. All my fish have always been given brine shrimp ( live or frozen) as their last meal of the day because their other meals were higher in protein to get them ready to spawn. This can lead to constipation among other things if there is poor " flow". Imagine yourself only eating steak and never anything else. You would not be doing all that great at end of the first week if not sooner. Even carnivores like Lions, who don't usually eat plant matter raw, eat the stomach contents of their prey which are mainly herbivores ( plant eaters.) So you need something in there to get all that protein out. (y) Fish are no different. Variety in their diet is the key. (y)

No. Your fish isn't a baby so it needs adult food. In order for there to be much nutrition for the fish, you'd have to hatch out the eggs then grow the nuplii into adults then feed the fish. Ya got a month or so? ;) ;) I told you what to get. You can stop looking for alternatives because what you keep finding are for raising baby Betta fry. That's not going to help your adult fish. I'm sure you local fish store have frozen brine shrimp or frozen bloodworms or possibly frozen black worms. All these are great Betta foods.

No. Your fish isn't a baby so it needs adult food. In order for there to be much nutrition for the fish, you'd have to hatch out the eggs then grow the nuplii into adults then feed the fish. Ya got a month or so? ;) ;) I told you what to get. You can stop looking for alternatives because what you keep finding are for raising baby Betta fry. That's not going to help your adult fish. I'm sure you local fish store have frozen brine shrimp or frozen bloodworms or possibly frozen black worms. All these are great Betta foods.

There is no fish store close by, that is why I am looking on line. I live in a small town, and there is no pet store by me. Ebay has to have something for my adult betta. Where I buy fish is from the internet. There used to be a few pet stores near by, and one if the pet stores burned down. The other pet store shut down. l will have to check into it.

There is no fish store close by, that is why I am looking on line. I live in a small town, and there is no pet store by me. Ebay has to have something for my adult betta. Where I buy fish is from the internet. There used to be a few pet stores near by, and one if the pet stores burned down. The other pet store shut down. l will have to check into it.

Check your PM from me.

Back
Top Bottom