Best rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ebennett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon and want to put rainbows in their what are some good colorful types

Depends what you are looking for. Do you want a bunch of small ones, and a couple big ones? Do you want just rainbows? What else is in the tank?

I want a mix of small and large thinking threadfin boosemani and some turquoise would these be compatible in my tank I would like neon,rummynose glo light black neons hatchet fish gourimis guppy and afd think those would look amazing In a tropical community

Oh sorry also GBR peacock gudgeon krib denison barb and some peacock chiclids

Gertrudae and furcata rainbows are another great option if you want some small rainbows.

I wouldn't add the peacocks or kribs. Peacocks need different water from the other fish you mentioned. The kribs reproduce often and would attack any fish that comes close to the fry.

That's way to many fish for a 55 gallon. Seeing how tetras, and barbs should be in groups. Kris should not be with community fish. You should really think about narrowing down your choices and researching them.

Turquoise rainbows!!!!! You won't be able to truly see how beautiful they are until they are at home in your tank but they are well worth it!!!!

Praecox don't need as much room as Boesemani but are larger than threadfins and furcatas (both of which are beautiful). Madagascar rainbows have a beautiful long, slender shape unlike most rainbows.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have boesemani and turquoise, the boesemani are my favorite.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ornate fish are awesome except there isn't that much around
(I only catch them at a creek near my house because none of my LFS's sell them)

I put together a rainbow tanks which is slightly smaller than yours. started with Bozeman (4) whish after 8 weeks are absolutely fabulous. Then I added various other rainbows from my local store - always a couple and different colors. Just added colorful rams - the aquarium is spectacular with movement and color.

Ocean 400

I have six Furcata Rainbows, I highly recommend them. They are constantly swimming and are very fun to watch.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom