Betta Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~:20 Gallon Asian Bio-Tope:~
So here is the tank info:
20 gallons

Substrate:
One bag of Eco-Complete mixed with sand and various sizes of gravel.

Lighting:
34 watts
ZooMed Flora Sun Bulb

Equipment:
AquaClear Filter 30(No Carbon)
CO2 Natural Plant System
Visi-Therm Deluxe Heater 150 watts
Coralife Digital Thermometer
Hagen Master Test Kit

Addictives:
Flourish
Seachem Neutral Regulator
Flourish Tabs

Fish:
1 Betta
3 Coolie Loaches
Pair of Chocolate Gouramis
4 Glass Catfish

Well my mom plans on moving so this tank set-up again will be posponed. But I intend to upgrade to a 5 gallon tank. I am going to upgrade to a MiniBow 5 gallon Desktop Aquarium. I'm going to upgrade the lighting to a 15 watt compact fluorescent. This will be a planted tank with regular gravel with laterite and Flourish plant tabs. It will be moderately planted with cryptocoryne wendtii, java fern, apontogeton spiralis and wisteria.

your not likely going to need a CO2 system with the tank you mentioned earlier.. there isnt enough light to nessiatate it..

Well, I have made my final descision. I will use a 12 gallon Eclipse tank for my betta. Unlike my other plans this will be a community tank. I intend to put a school of 3 Panda cories, 2 otocinculus catfish, and either a pair of Chocolate, Honey, or Dwarf gouramis. I all ready have the plants that are going to be in this tank. They are low-light plants since I want this to be a low-light tank.

azn_fishy55 said:
Well, I have made my final descision. I will use a 12 gallon Eclipse tank for my betta. Unlike my other plans this will be a community tank. I intend to put a school of 3 Panda cories, 2 otocinculus catfish, and either a pair of chocolate, Honey, or Dwarf gouramis.

This is possibly not the best fish selection. Betta fish and Gouramis (both be anabantoids, labyrinth fish, and almost equally territorial) may harrass each other constantly. They usually will try to strike out the same territories in the tank or combat because of their similar appearances. You may have an exception with the individual fishes you may be getting, but I would be prepared to return them if your heart is set on the fish selection that you have.

Good luck.

white clouds
rainbows( if temperments are mellow)
hachets
plecos
cory cats
checkbourd cichlids

Most community fish

No nos
gouramis
most cichlids
guppys