Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BettaGal said:
Well, I haven't tried releasing the snail yet. Buddy was really curious until he bumped into the edges of the bag. for some reason this pet store has bags that have almost like a little extra plasticky stuff around the seam. Buddy ran into that, which gave him a lovely spook. He's slowly returning to see the snail move around. For a little while he was staring at it like it was the coolest thing ever. He couldn't look away and was following it around the bag. I'm researching them on another tab, but I might end up making a post here asking for expert advice from people who seem to have been caring for fish since they were created.

Sounds like a good idea

Pipedreamer86 said:
Just thought.I'd add my 2 cents lol. I have an adult male betta in a 10 gallon with 2 golden mystery snails. Havent had any incidents yet. They all just ignore one.another.

+1 to that same here with mine lol

That would be fitting if his feelers did not scare the living daylights out of Buddy. Poor little guy got felt in the head and hid in the cave for a good few minutes before venturing out again to explore this thing from behind. What on earth do you name a snail that scares a betta? :huh: :lol:

BettaGal said:
That would be fitting if his feelers did not scare the living daylights out of Buddy. Poor little guy got felt in the head and hid in the cave for a good few minutes before venturing out again to explore this thing from behind. What on earth do you name a snail that scares a betta? :huh: :lol:

Lol easy tom and jerry like the cartoon

BettaGal said:
That would work if the betta was Jerry. Don't say I didn't warn you that Buddy is weird. I was expecting him to be curious, but not to be afraid of a snail's feelers. :hide:

Every betta is different lol

Possible problem found! No idea how to solve it!
Well, I had to be the horrible mama and turn on the lamp. (I know, so cruel) He's got a whitish filmy like stuff on part of his back and a distinct white line along where his dorsal fin and body meet. What is this crap? I've never had a fish get anything like this. I had two die of some parasitic acting looking thing that goes unknown forever, but that was inside, not outside. This might explain the weird need to stay near the bottom all of a sudden, but his jumpy ways and playful running into everything I'm pretty sure is just him.

BettaGal said:
Possible problem found! No idea how to solve it!
Well, I had to be the horrible mama and turn on the lamp. (I know, so cruel) He's got a whitish filmy like stuff on part of his back and a distinct white line along where his dorsal fin and body meet. What is this crap? I've never had a fish get anything like this. I had two die of some parasitic acting looking thing that goes unknown forever, but that was inside, not outside. This might explain the weird need to stay near the bottom all of a sudden, but his jumpy ways and playful running into everything I'm pretty sure is just him.

I have no idea somebody else could jump in with an answer

Back
Top Bottom