Betta Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppy12

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta is in an 8 gallon BIO-Orb, he has 2 silk plants, an onion plant and a couple swords. He had a underwater frog but... well... he got aggressive and well... killed it.it was my bad... i shouldn't of put it in their knowing him. He killed his 2 in apple Snail and a twisty snail. What could i put with him? he has a heater set on 81's

Any Suggestions or should he be an only fish?THANKS

Heres his tank....

Attachments

• my_betta_154.jpg
    my_betta_154.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 18
I really don't think that tank is big enough for any more fish. You could add a snail though. It is too close of quarters for anything else to live with him....especially if he's already killed a frog.

If you want him to have tankmates, I'd upgrade the tank so everyone had more room.

The way you have described his temperament, I would keep him solo. I am new to keeping Bettas and I am really impressed by how much they remind me of my old Oscar's, the way he follows me around the room. I think what you have is a great size for the betta alone and he is probably very happy and a little territorial.

Some bettas can be kept with other fish/inverts, but yours sounds like it...ah...doesn't play well with others. I would recommend keeping him alone, he's perfectly happy like that.

Agreed, I wouldn't add any more fish. He sounds like he is aggressive and would not tolerate other tankmates.

That tank is fine for the betta alone. I meant if you wanted to add more fish, you'd have to get a bigger tank. A 10g rectangular tank would be fine for him and 6 small tetras or harlequin rasboras. He may act aggressive towards them though, so I'd just leave him alone.

Back
Top Bottom