BGK needs friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok guys IMO the setup did seem rather large/overstocked. I really didnt know how big a silver dollar could get until today when i seen my fathers in his tank (who knows nothing about cycling, or even owns a test kit). Right now i am making a 55 gallon tank for my 4 inch bgk that will live there until i need to rehome because of his size. I have 1 angel that i can move from my community tank to my bgk tank. BTW i cant see anyone wanting a school of silver dollars, between mine and my dads they seem just fine on there own.

A lone silver dollar is basically just a fish shaped panic attack.

Even schools of then which greatly increase their assurance levels they still freak out.

Definitely not a fish for a 55G long term.

Cynic said:
A lone silver dollar is basically just a fish shaped panic attack.

Even schools of then which greatly increase their assurance levels they still freak out.

Definitely not a fish for a 55G long term.

I have one and he is pretty chill. My Blood parrots freak out more.

My silver dollar definitely doesn't seem like a fish shaped panic attack. That did make me laugh though, and i am sure your right about them. Mine seems very happy is all a can say.

I did want to ask this earlier, male or female silver dollars have the red on the fins? My SD has red.

BobandBecca said:
I did want to ask this earlier, male or female silver dollars have the red on the fins? My SD has red.

Male silver dollars do have red on their fins

BobandBecca said:
I tried looking it up but i just got no real answer.

I heard there are normal SDs and Red Hooks like Jeta said. Maybe you have a Red Hook Silver Dollar?

Red hooks Spotted and Regular silverdollars can have red on the bottom fin. The Red hook has just that a rear lower fin that has a hook to it. They do get larger than the others. On the groth rate I got mine 6 mo ago the size of a dime. Now they are the size of a coffee cup. They are in a 75 gallon with just 4 angels and 2 clown loaches and will all be moved to a 125 in jan or feb. I do agree that they are realy freaked out easily.

Well i went with 2 blood parrots. They looked great in the tank with there bright orange/red color. Then i added 2 gold gouramis also fantastic additions. The tank was looking great, when the BP's decided to show there faces. I added 6 neons as a dither fish for the BP's, that didnt work.

About 8 days later 1 dead gourami, 1 gourami, 3 neons and both BP's have ich. My BGK has no signs of ich (dont know why) i have been treating the ich with heat for 2 days now.

The BP's are gone now also. My tank is going to be ich free with my 6 neons and 1 BGK.

So i ask again, he needs friend anymore suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom