black bar endlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tilly1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all i was after info about these fish as ive never kept them before,i was wondering if the new born babies could stay in with the parents or would the parents eat them much obliged for info back .

Welcome to AA. I`m moving this to the FW discussion forum so more people will see it. Again Welcome.

they are fine kept together. i have never removed the fry and now i have tons of adults juvy and fry in the tank.

Endler's, sooner or later you'll WISH they'd eat their fry. I started with a couple dozen in a 10 gallon tank. Then they were moved into a 29, and finally a 40 because they bred faster than they sold. I finally picked up a baby (~3") Carapo knife fish at a CCA auction and dropped it into the 40 with the several hundred endler's. The Carapo thinned them down to a handful of little ones in a couple months, grew 2.5" in the process, and is now working on crowd control for my excess cutteri fry. A few of the endler's were moved to 2 other tanks, a 10 and a 30, and their numbers are gradually increasing again.

I started with a breeding pair of endlers a few months ago. Now have way too many to count, all sizes. Cute little buggers, they don't put much strain on the tank chemistry, but they'll eat almost anything so I have to make sure the other fish get their food. May have to find a suitable carnivore to trim them down 8-O

Back
Top Bottom