Black Ghost Knife fish HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with tremanone even with the red hue he don't feel safe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try leaving the light off for a day or 2 and see if that makes a difference.

I also remember the guy at my local store tropiquatics telling me that electronic's near this fish might mess with it. Could this also be a problem?

Also, quick update. I just fed him some brine shrimp and he ate alot! But still won't move frome the corner... Even when eating

Yes. Close proximity outside electrical energy with be a problem with this fish. And I agree about the red light being a possible issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

That is correct

Although they have some ok fish there and are better than the big box stores there are only 2 guys there that know what they are talking about. They have miss labeled fish there all the time. I'm in there weekly looking for rehomes that they have taken in.

What would you suggest I use to just dim the light? I am going to change it back. And I just moved all electronics away. The closest is 6 or so feet away

All though I know they like a dark confined space to hide in during the day and will hunt at night I don't really know much about them. I would look for a forum that has a special section for knives. Not sure who keeps them on here.

Alright thanks. I have just significantly dimmed it but I am going to leave the light off for two days or soImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421114085.656860.jpg It looks brighter than it is in the picture

Sadly, he died 5 days after I purchased him. It was due to tank bullies and not eating as much as he should have I feel but I am not positive. I am going to try again in the future but not till I get different fish. Next time the ghost will be the first fish.

Sorry to hear that. Did you go back? I believe they have a guarantee there but I know some of the exotics don't.

:( poopie.. I hope you brought him back to get a refund/ exchange/ store credit.

29 gallon~ 5 giant danio, pleco, chinese algae eater, two feeder gold fish because adorable
35 gallon~ red ear slider, two feeder goldfish left..

Back
Top Bottom