Blood Parrot Cichlid acting wierd, please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it safe to "assume" that not "say" it because not a ton is known still about BPs. Mine changed with age so maybe thats what it is but who knows. Mine went through an extreme color chane perioodically and i have post a pic later

I have oscars with a BGK and there have been no trouble at all but I have only ever owned oscars and GBRs in the past so not sure on the BP

I noticed that you said he is in a 20 gal tank
I feel as though this size tank is too small, i beleive parrots should have a tank of atleast 50gal to be happy and able to swim really freely. Although he might have been happy when you first got him he has unfortunatly outgrown the tank possibly and just wants a bit for swimming room.
If its possible relocation i think we do wonders for him especially if the tank is 40+.

Off topic posts have been deleted. This thread is about the OP's bp, please limit your posts to helping the OP with his situation.

I'm not sure how he's doing to be honest, he's still the same. He hides a lot but eats normal. I'm not really sure what to do. And it's not possible to upgrade my tank, no. I don't think its a matter of tank size, he has plenty of room to swim, he is by far the largest fish in the tank.

Ok well I think just give it a while and he will hopefully get better :) Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom