Bragging about 3 day cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted to brag a little about cycling my 55g tank in 3 days flat! I used the substrate and decor from my 29 gallon and in the penguin 350 I have on it I put the old filter and three new ones, and used all fresh dechlorinated water with prime, added all my fish and 3 days later parameters are 0-0-20, did a water change last night to lower the trayes and cycle complete!

Not quite as good as your cycle but I cycled my new tank with all new gear in it (filter,gravel,bog wood etc) in two weeks! Not bad going I thought!!

Wayne78 said:
Not quite as good as your cycle but I cycled my new tank with all new gear in it (filter,gravel,bog wood etc) in two weeks! Not bad going I thought!!

That's great I wonder how you did it so fast.

With me it was my pond I put in this year. I got it all in and filled it up. The next day I came home from work tested tryed water had a million frogs ( not really that many ) in it I tested the water it was so high in ammonia I went inside changed my filter pads on my tank stuck them in the pond. The next morning I checked it and it was done lol

Lol real quick!
My pond took 3 1/2 weeks to cycle!

On my tank I done a fish in cycle with 6 lemon tetras and used nitrafin cycle, I know most ppl don't think these Bactria in a bottle work to well but it sure did for me! :0)

Wow, super fast cycles rock! I technically probably cycled the tank sooner than three days, but I didnt check parameters until the third day so thats all I can say haha!

Back
Top Bottom