Bright green

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vikesfankevin

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a bright green fish that stays under 3 inches. In my tank I have orange, red, blue, gold and rainbow. Are there any fish that are a bright green that I could add to my 29?

What sports of fish do you have already? That'll help with compatability.

I can't think of one off the top of my head that is a bright, bright green, but there are green tiger barbs (and likely other types of barbs, too). Those will likely be a little agressive, and many here don't recommend putting them into communities (I agree, too, FTR).

The only other greens I can think of are puffers--and you don't want those.

Bright Green Fish

Greetings. How about some nice neon green Corys??? :) - Frank

cw009_1a_lr.jpg

Actually I got 2 :) they tend to stay in back tho and was looking for something a little more florecent i guess you would say...

Well, scratch the green tiger barbs, but there are likely something greeny in the more peaceful barbs.

The green neons would be perfect (and a nice suggestion). Is there also a variant of flame or bleeding hearts that's primarily green?

The other option is to find a guppy, platty, or swordtail that's green. The swordtails raised with more wild genes are themselves mostly green; the other colors are fruits of breeding for aquariums.

Well, scratch the green tiger barbs, but there are likely something greeny in the more peaceful barbs.

The green neons would be perfect (and a nice suggestion). Is there also a variant of flame or bleeding hearts that's primarily green?

The other option is to find a guppy, platty, or swordtail that's green. The swordtails raised with more wild genes are themselves mostly green; the other colors are fruits of breeding for aquariums.
Green Neon? Yea a guppy might work since I have one already.
Get yourself 4 more and they will shoal, all over your tank. :) - Frank
Gettin a couple peppered green corys in a few weeks when they grown up. My friend breeds them. I think they will shoal.

They will wander throughout the entire tank if you increase the number to 4 or 5. Just like tetras which are a schooling fish, they feel safer numbers and will roam throughout the entire tank.
Ok well hopefully they will school with the peppered ones. They look similar. The peppered ones have green spots.

You have peppered corys? I thought from your reply that you already had 2 emerald corys. I don't know if they'll all hang together or not.

Back
Top Bottom