Bristle Nose Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two BN plecos and they very active and very well fed. I have noticed them on my Anubis ( sp ) and Java Ferns doing what looks like cleaning the leaves. I know plecos are veggie eaters so....they aren't eating my plants are they? I don't see any damage to them.

They are just cleaning the leaves, it normal and nothing to worry about. It does help to feed pleco's veggies after lights are off 2 or 3 times a week. Mine especially love cooked, deshelled peas and blanched zucchini. Most will also appreciate an algae tablet here and there too.

I have clips on the sides of the tank. If I clipped some goodies on that, would they feed on it? Or is it just better to drop it in to the bottom?

It depends on the pleco. Since I also have otos and whiptail cats I actually clip some on the side and put some on the bottom. Just be sure to put it in after lights are off for the night.

Only problem with that is I have a tank full of piggy fish. They like and eat just about everything that hits the water. Flakes AND bottom food. I almost feel like my bottom boys aren't getting enough. The wafers my BN's will pick up and haul off like a hungry dog. Anyone comes near them and the perp gets chased off. So I know for sure they are eating those. Everything else is a free for all.

Thats why you feed them at night after the tank lights are off and the room is dark.

Back
Top Bottom