Can I add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Says who?? Because one ac 50 is running? Bare minimum for a lightly stocked 29. Maybe settle it down a bit? Water change routines will play a major role in future stocking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
A 50 is fine for a 29 with the fish he has assuming weekly water changes and keeping the substrate clean. he could easy increase his 2 schools he has to 12a piece and add corys for a total of 8 and easily have enougth filtration with proper aquarium maintence.

Thanks so much! January will be 3 years of having my tank and I still research like crazy!!! Like I said, always afraid to overdo ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
You can overstock a tank no problem to a certain degree if you have enough filtration and weekly water changes with substrate cleaning weekly. With your current schools you could increase them to 12 each making 24 tetra and up your Corys to 8 total. You will be quit stocked but with good care you will be fine. Make sure you add fish slowly i woudlnt add more than about 4 per week to let your BB adjust.

Ohh what do I know... my 30 long has a SHOAL of 15 ember tetras with an ac70, sunsun 304b... some apistos too, they don't mind the current.. you can certainly overstock a tank if you know what you're doing.. an ac 50 on a 29 is anything but over filtration.. cleaning it every 2 months?? Let's see some pics of that tank??

It sure is!!

Sounds like you've got a handle on it.. i don't any tanks that have been going that long. . May want to add slowly to an established system such as yours.

I think you are in fact cycled.. i do not agree with adding another shoal.. possibly up the corys to 8? And the others to 7 each. Gradually of course. Than consider a centerpiece fish such as a dwarf gourami..

Id say this is great advice!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ohh what do I know... my 30 long has a SHOAL of 15 ember tetras with an ac70, sunsun 304b... some apistos too, they don't mind the current.. you can certainly overstock a tank if you know what you're doing.. an ac 50 on a 29 is anything but over filtration.. cleaning it every 2 months?? Let's see some pics of that tank??

I also have an ac50 on a 29. I have left the filter untouched for 2 months no problem. Sparkling tank too. Used the same water polishing pad for 6 months, till it fell apart.

I have ...

10 harlequin rasboras
5 glowlight tetras
3 red finned rosy tetras
6 kyathit danios (zebra variant)
8 Otocinclus
4 Pygmy multi striped loaches
And a fleet of Malaysian trumpet snails and ghost shrimp

I have a lot of plants too but even before that, the tank bottom was pristine, just a tiny bit to vac in the corner by the power head, and the filter rarely had much in it.

I'm overstocked but think the emphasis on clean up crews, and feeding a high quality of food, help.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I agree with everyone here about increasing the size of your current schools. Then if I was you I would think about a nice centerpiece like a Bolivian or German Blue Ram Cichlid!

Thanks for the input everyone!! It's so appreciated

Thanks for the input everyone!! It's so appreciated

Have you decided what u are going to do yet??

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm thinking I'm going to up the schools and add a dwarf gourami!! I really would like to add some neon tetras but I don't want to push my luck. Lol

Ok guys, I took your advice and I went out yesterday and bought a dwarf gourami! I'm so excited to have him ? I acclimated him yesterday afternoon and all seems to be going fine and it looks like everyone is getting along well. I just noticed in my tank, along the water line at the top left corner all the way across the front, there are tons of tiny bubbles!! Is everything ok, do I need to do anything?? I haven't seen this in my tank before

That's probably a bubble nest from your new addition. Labrynth fish like the dwarf gourami and betta fish make bubble nests.

Sounds like you did a good job acclimating the guy!

Back
Top Bottom