Can i keep 81" of fish in 30g aquarium? (poll)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can i keep 81" of fishh in a 30g.

• yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously guys... Unless someone says HEY ____, and asks a question, the question is really available to be answered by anybody.

And you still don't have license to act like teenagers, anyway (and if you are, that's really no excuse!).

If a post needs editing for clarity, then edit it for clarity and perhaps note later on in the thread that 'x post has been edited for clarity'... don't whinge and bicker. If you're irritated with someone, don't air your dirty laundry outside, please. Take it to PM.

Netiquette is important no matter where you are...

And returning to the question: didn't answer the poll because it's a 'maybe'. Depends on the individual natures of the fish, depends on the male/female ratio, depends on willingness of the owner to do significant maintenance.

Ok this is getting a bit tiring. Keep the thread on topic. All members are permitted to answer to other people's posts. I will lock this thread if it goes off topic again.

Hmm, let's see... Inches, Gallons, and the inch/gallon rule are all obsolete :)

Now.. would I keep 20 mid sized goldfish in a 100 litre tank... well no, obviously not. 6 in 200 litres is already pushing it... and they go into a pond this summer as it is.

I voted "no" in giving the fish the benefit of the doubt. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I will agree with Innovator.
Overcrowding, although it can be done, is somewhat cruel for the fish even if you can manage to keep the water quality in good shape.
I guess my answer is:
Can you?= Yes
Should you?=Probably not

as Darwin would say, yes, and soon you will see a decline in fish population, but the strongest will survive.

Voted yes, but with a qualifier. I have kept more than that in a growout for angels. How about 269 angels between nickel and quarter size in a 48" long thirty? A small sponge filter or 2 and 60% water changes daily. At best a short term solution, but there were no environmental deformations with that spawn.

I also agree with Innovator.

As Zagz mentioned above please keep this on topic and avoid the personal attacks or this thread will be closed.

Just to clairify for people that haven't voted yet, most of you are voting no because you shouldn't and the thread is for if it is possible to keep that much fish in, just to let you guys know that haven't voted yet.

Just to clairify for people that haven't voted yet, most of you are voting no because you shouldn't and the thread is for if it is possible to keep that much fish in, just to let you guys know that haven't voted yet.
Yes as long as it wont hurt the fish but if you say you shouldnt then it will probably hurt the fish.

its a stupid question and not even worth answering or reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom