can i put a female betta in my tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caged sparrow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just got a ten gallon tank and i was wondering if i could stick a female betta in it or in my 2 gallon with my male betta. my ten gallon has my
2inch and king of the tank fantail goldfish(xavier), my small gold fantail(seymore), my clico fantail(spirit), my black moor(spook), my too algeaters(lelo n stich), and my 4 common goldfish(my little nemos). i would really like too add a female betta in this tank or with my male(charlie) would this be okay?

i had another quick question that i didnt see posted...charlie is right next too my ten gallon tank and he is constantly flaring and chargeing the sides of his bowl...should i move him?i was worried about it causeing him stress. i will be getting a larger tank(55 gallon) too replace my ten gallon in a few weeks. can anyone give an idea on some good tank mates the stores here are very un clear about this.
thanx

Shouldn't really put bettas and goldfish together, goldfish are messy and need totaly different conditions then bettas. And dont' put her in with a male, especially in a 2gal. They will either spawn or kill eachother.

If he is constantly doing it and getting upset, not eating, lose of colour ect then move him. But he does it once and a while then he is fine. He will stop after a couple days.
Do you mean good tank mates for the betta?

ashley

Betta's can have different personalities. You can get the agressive ones, but sometimes there are the ones that will tolerate other fish. I would advise against putting a female and male betta together in a 2gallon, there is just not enugh space and i rekon they'd kill each other.
What bettacove sed is right, betta's and goldfish have conflicting tank requirements. Also the female betta would probably enjoy nibbling at the goldfish's large fins.
In a 55gallon tank you could probably keep female betta's and male betta's together, aslong as there is lots of shelter such as plants and rocks and such. I haven't really kept goldfish, but I dont think there is a great deal of tankmates for them because they like coldwater. I think it's best to keep goldfish with goldfish. Anyway, there is so many different colours and shapes in goldfish, it doesn't matter!
Neway I hope that helps you!
Justin

my beta got its but kicked by my angles i was not happy but i think he was a pussy beta as my mate got the same one at the same time and his is doing fine
:)

Back
Top Bottom