Canopy Fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1 LARA

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have this cracked canopy taped and was looking if any ideas in another possable fix?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 82
It's a little hard to make out... Is that one of the glass versa tops? I've had the worst luck with them cracking on me as well. I gave up and am in the process of swapping to a screen top.

Pros:
- Durable, no risk of cracking.
- Better gas exchange.
- Avoids trapping heat (good when you run cooler temperatures like I do, bad if you want the tank consistently in the 80s)
- Cheap.

Cons:
- More evaporation.
- Usually have to DIY, but it's pretty simple to do.
- If you have a strong sense of smell and don't like the smell of your fish tank then you'll be smelling it a lot more. Well maintained tanks generally don't have this issue.

I'm following the following guide to set mine up:
http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/clear-mesh-jump-stopper-121802.html

good idea I will use.
Will somehow have to customize to acomidate hob filter, heater, airline.

The way to adapt for those is to make the screen end short enough that there's space for all those, and attach one of the cut-to-fit plastic strips on the back like the versa tops have :)

The way to adapt for those is to make the screen end short enough that there's space for all those, and attach one of the cut-to-fit plastic strips on the back like the versa tops have :)

Where do you get the

I saw an eggcrate ceiling light difuser.
I like the idea of using that

Yep, eggcrate works as well, although it does diffuse more light than a screen with clear netting does. It's a little easier to install than the screen top though.

here it is
$13.75

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 57
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 49