Can't decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
10g planted, well established tank, currently has 6 pygmy rasboras and some red rili shrimp. I'm going to increase the group of rasboras but the tank needs something else and I just can't decide. Whatever I get will be from Wet Spot Tropicals so there are a lot of options. These fish are on the list so far:

Betta dimidiata
Betta rutilans
Scarlet badis
Dario hysginon
Honey gourami
Sparkling gourami

Chocolate gouramis are also an option, but for every article I read about them being difficult there's another stating the opposite.

Cichlids options as long as they'd be ok with the rasboras:

Apistogramma bitaeniata
Checkerboard cichlid

So basically some sort of 'centerpiece' fish, not terribly larger than the rasboras, and peaceful.

Any input on these fish or other suggestions would be very much appreciated :flowers:

10g planted, well established tank, currently has 6 pygmy rasboras and some red rili shrimp. I'm going to increase the group of rasboras but the tank needs something else and I just can't decide. Whatever I get will be from Wet Spot Tropicals so there are a lot of options. These fish are on the list so far:

Betta dimidiata
Betta rutilans
Scarlet badis
Dario hysginon
Honey gourami
Sparkling gourami

Licorice or chocolate gouramis are also an option, but for every article I read about them being difficult there's another stating the opposite.

So basically some sort of 'centerpiece' fish, not terribly larger than the rasboras, and peaceful.

Any input on these fish or other suggestions would be very much appreciated :flowers:

Maybe some corydoras catfish like the pygmy corydoras or some Julii corydoras

Pearl gourami would get way too big of I'm not mistaken.

I like the red Dario! Says they can be picky feeders but I really like how they look. Always love the badis.

Some of the other choices might pick at the red rillis

I love my fish!!!

Also a friend of mine has a chocolate gourami, and he eats flakes just fine.

He looks almost like a puffer the way he hovers around picking off tiny snails or whatever their munching on all the time. Love the personality gouramis have! :) always gotta say hi

I love my fish!!!

Chocolate gouramis prefer the company of eachother. At least 3 is a good number to have.

Scarlet badis can be picky eaters, but with the fish you have I don't think it would be an issue.

Apparently I've timed out being able to edit my post. Just wanted to add that a captive bred German ram is also an option.

Thanks again :flowers:

No rams or cichlids please;) be like the sad lion at zoo.. what about these fructata rainbows everyone is talking about? A pair of scarlet badis would be cool but I'd hardly call them centerpiece.... drumroll........ peacock gudgeon!!! You're welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No rams or cichlids please;) be like the sad lion at zoo.. what about these fructata rainbows everyone is talking about? A pair of scarlet badis would be cool but I'd hardly call them centerpiece.... drumroll........ peacock gudgeon!!! You're welcome!

Furcatas get are too big and active for a tank that size and they aren't so attractive without a school. There wouldn't be a problem with keeping a single Apisto or ram in that tank, but they REALLY enjoy snacking on shrimp. I would say either the dimidata or coccina would be the best bet, but may also eat some shrimp.

I had considered the peacock but was concerned that a fish that size would eat adult shrimp....

I got nothing :( Initially I was going to suggest other micro Rasboras but I looked at the list and those are a more sedate group as opposed to the frenzied collection of fish I have. Btw I'm convinced the furcatas are actually zebra danios in more colorful clothing.
I don't know enough about the fish in the list to make an honest recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dimidiata has my vote, maybe even a pair and call the tank stocked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Googled and got this???not sure they're fully aquatic??
Edit- betta?

Attachments

• 1425511047521.jpg
    1425511047521.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom