Chunky Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snaily

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all.. I've been noticing lately that my angels are looking a little on the fat side. II'm not sure if I'm over feeding or if they are bloated? I have seven angels in a 55 gal with one dinosaur Bichir and one rainbow shark. No aggression issues and my water parameters are normal. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates 20 ppm. I feed once a day with flakes, and cichled pellets and once a week with one of those cubed frozen bloodworms. All fish are very active at a temp of 78 (in a 55 gallon). I haven't noticed any odd behavior that would lead me to believe that there is an illness but I am still very new at this. Am I just overfeeding or is there a more serious issue?

I sure will! I've really only noticed it in 5 of the 7 angels. The Bichir and rainbow shark are growing rapidly but do not seem overweight either. I noticed the five angels at the very same time and generally keep a very close eye on the tank. I will upload some more photos asap

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom