Clown Loach Nitrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFingers

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would be grateful if someone could tell me the maximum amount of Nitrate Clown Loaches can survive at. 25ppm?

The reason why I ask is my nitrates get to about that then I do a water change once a week. Is this acceptable for a day or so?

Ammonia and Nitrite are bearly being registered with tests.

Thanks in advance.

I have a clown loach, previously in a 10 gal. now housed in a 56 gallon, and he was happy in nitrates around .30 PPM prior to the move. once even reaching 40 PPM... now I have him in the 56 gallon and the nitrates are about about .05 PPM. I would say .25 is acceptable, although nitrates can add stress to your fish, and being that the loach is scaleless, high readings can be more hurtful to it. thats just my opinon of course

I agree with Zagz. The nitrate level in my tank normally stays around 15 or 20 ppm ,and the clown loaches are just fine. High nitrates will slow the growth of the fish as well, which is likely why my Loaches have not grown as quickly as they could.

Back
Top Bottom