Clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have a 75 gallon aquarium and I was wanting to get a few more fish for the bottom of my tank, I came across the cool fish called a clown loach and was wandering if I should get one, I currently have angels, silver dollars, tire track eel, gourami, german blue rams, knight goby, and plectomous, cory cats, I wanted to ask are they good fish, and are they fun to keep?

They are cool and need to be in groups and sand bottom. They are slow growers but will out grow a 75.

I've got four in my 90 they are doing great,bought them 2 years ago now they are almost 5 inches long.i have a gravel bottom and no problems

What is your tank currently stocked with? Like can you list out everything?

Ok so I have a 75 gallon aquarium and I was wanting to get a few more fish for the bottom of my tank, I came across the cool fish called a clown loach and was wandering if I should get one, I currently have angels, silver dollars, tire track eel, gourami, german blue rams, knight goby, and plectomous, cory cats, I wanted to ask are they good fish, and are they fun to keep?

They are wonderful fish. If you have more than one they are more active. I would be concerned with the silver dollars as they grow fast and can be fin nippers.

You look too stocked for clown loaches but as josh7 indicates we'll need a stock list to confirm/deny that with any accuracy.

I would be concerned that the loaches would out compete the corys and goby for food, they can be quite rambunctious.

Well you got to think long terms too, I'm gonna pick a few up and see how they are, thanks guys.

Be careful when netting them as they have a spine under their eyes that can catch in the net. This also makes them suitable to be with more aggressive fish as they are packing a weapon for defense.

Back
Top Bottom